The following terms and conditions (“Privacy Notice”) govern your access and use of our services, through your email communication with us, through your participation in our events, seminars and/or other promotional activities, through our general business contact with you, and through this website https://www.marklim.net and all information, content, products, services and functionality available at or through the site (collectively, “Website”). This Website is owned and operated by us.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of Personal Information we collect and how we collect it;
- How we use your Personal Information;
- The parties that we disclose the Personal Information to; and
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your Personal Information.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
By using our Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice and you will be deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You also agree to obtain consent from your customers, employees and agents and employees for the use and access of their Personal Information by us and other third parties.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
“Personal Information” means any information that relates to you or allows someone to identify you, including, for example but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, information about your transactions in relation to this Website such as account activities as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Information”, means, data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information including, aggregated information. Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
In order to enable us to provide you access to this Website we may need to and/or may be required to collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. “process”) Personal Information and Anonymous Information, including, but not limited to:
- Information you provide to us through your relationship with us, including but not limited to, information provided by you when using this Website. Examples include:
- Personal Information from you, available upon your access or use of our Website, and any other information you directly give us through this Website (including, but not limited to User Content that you send through this Website).
- Information about your interactions with this Website.
- Information, if any, necessary to complete a transaction through this Website.
- Information from written communications when you provide us Feedback and Correspondence, or contact us.
- Information collected by technology via this Website. For example:
- Information from you, including your web browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, user profiles, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit, and, with respect to your mobile phone, the unique device identifier, better known as the Android ID and advertising ID.
- Information from third party service providers, with your consent, which may include your profile content or other types of personally identifiable information.
- Cookies and URL information to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the information for which you searched and viewed. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on this Website. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following web browser’s directions.
- Information from corresponding technologies used in connection with mobile phones, including the Android ID, to record date, time, search and viewing information related to your mobile phone.
- Information from third parties such as any credit reference information providers, credit reporting agencies and government/statutory agencies.
- Information from such other sources which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
- Information collected from you about others in situations where you decide to invite a third party to access or use this Website. We will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- For general use or collected by technology. In addition to the purposes stated above, we may use your Personal Information either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better, whether or not through technological means, for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide you the access to this Website;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide improved administration of our Website;
- to notify visitors about updates to our Website;
- to promote our Website; or products, services and special offers of third parties whose products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- to improve and customize the quality of experience when you interact with our Website;
- to send you administrative e-mail responses or notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send offers and promotional materials related to our Website and for other marketing purposes;
- to track user-specific information on what pages users access or visit;
- to improve and customize the quality of experience when you interact with this Website, and this Website;
- for the purposes of enforcing or defending our legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- to assist in the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or possible criminal activities or for the administration of justice;
- for security and internal audit purposes;
- for such other purposes as may be directed or consented to by you; and
- for all other purposes in relation to or incidental to the above.
- Creation of Anonymous Information. We may also pseudonymise, anonymise or aggregate your Personal Information that make the data personally identifiable to you or any third party. This Anonymous Information may be used to personalize this Website, including directing certain advertisements to make them more relevant to you or to analyse request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of this Website and improve this Website navigation or for any related market research purposes, either internally or through third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us and our Affiliates (as defined below) (whether in or outside Malaysia), we may disclose your Personal Information as described below and elsewhere in this Privacy Notice:
- Third Party Website Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers who may be located within or outside Malaysia (a) to provide you with this Website that we offer you through this Website; (b) to conduct quality assurance testing; (c) to facilitate creation of accounts; (d) to provide technical support; and/or (e) to provide other services to us. These third party service providers are not required to use your Personal Information other than to provide this Website requested by us.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share some or all of your Personal Information with our joint venturers, or other companies, including associated companies (our “Affiliates”), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honour this Privacy Notice.
- Social Networking Sites (SNS). This Website may, with your consent, automatically post, information on your SNS profile based on your most recent activities. See the section on Third Party Websites below for more information.
- We Do Not Share Personal Information with Advertisers, but…we do, however, allow advertisers to request that their advertisements are directed at certain users (e.g., users in a certain geographic location, or age, gender and/or with certain interests). In the event that you interact with certain advertisements, the advertisers (or the company which the advertiser works with, for example, its advertising agency or an advertising network) may determine certain characteristics about you.
- Third Party directed or consented to by you. We may share your Personal Information with any persons directed by or consented to by you.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our professional advisors including but not limited to legal advisors, tax advisors, financial advisors, auditors, insurance brokers etc.
We may also be required to transfer your personal data outside of Malaysia for the purposes and to such third parties stated in this Privacy Notice.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
When you click on a link or, in case of smartphone and mobile device, swipe to connect to any other website or location, you will leave this Website and be redirected to another site and another entity may collect Personal Information or Anonymous Information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these external websites or their content. This Privacy Notice do not apply to these external websites or their content, or to any collection of data after you click on links or swipe left to connect to these external websites.
By using this Website, you will also be able to connect with third party services via your SNS. By logging-in to your SNS from our Website, your SNS will provide us a token that allows them to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information on your SNS profile. You will be able to revoke our access to any of your SNS at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on your applicable SNS, though such revocation may limit this Website we are able to provide you. In addition, when you engage in certain activities within this Website, those activities may be automatically posted to your SNS profile. You will be able to disable this functionality at any time by logging into your SNS profile and selecting the option to disable this feature.
RETENTION AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We place great importance on ensuring the security of your Personal Information and will regularly review and implement up-to- date technical and organisational security measures to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all your Personal Information. This includes contractual agreements with relevant third parties, whereby we shall endeavour to procure them to incorporate our standards as a minimum. Your Personal Information will also be retained in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the terms and conditions of your agreements for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect our interests as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law or relevant regulation.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. Nevertheless, should you decline to provide any Personal Information that is essential to us to enable us to process your information, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with the access to this Website.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that promote the use of this Website. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mail you receive, by terminating your subscription or by contacting us (please see contact information below).
- Changes to Personal Information. You may have access to or change your Personal Information in our possession or control by contacting us. Any request of access to correct Personal Information may be subjected to a fee and also to the provisions of the applicable laws. We reserve the right to decline requests that jeopardize the security and privacy of the personal information of others as well as requests that are impractical or not made in good faith. Additionally, it is important to note that system-recorded Personal Information is not editable. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. To the extent permitted by law, we may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes required by laws.
WHAT IF PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IS INCOMPLETE?
The accuracy and completeness of your personal data depends on the information you provide. We assume that the information you have provided is accurate, up to date and complete unless you inform us otherwise.
REVISIONS TO PRIVACY NOTICE
We may review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the laws, in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the community’s changing privacy expectations. The latest version of the Privacy Notice will be made available on this Website.
Where we consider, at our sole discretion, that the revisions made on the Privacy Notice are substantive, notice of such revisions will be provided on this Website or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by us, for example, by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your Personal Information and to provide us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.
If you do not agree to the changes in our use of your Personal Information, you must notify us immediately and stop accessing and using this Website. Continued use of our Website, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
Should you have any query in relation to this Privacy Notice or how we handle your Personal Information, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org